ONE-HOUR ONLINE COURSE
1 CPD point awarded
The expected audience for this course will include all those wishing to further their understanding of the Law with regards to the control of legionella and legionellosis. The course has been devised to impart a sufficient understanding of the subject as required by anybody who is responsible for, uses, maintains or operates any water system that is capable of growing and emitting legionella bacteria. This includes Duty Holders, Responsible Persons, Technicians, Managers, Legionella Risk Assessors and Service Providers.
To ensure delegates:
- Understand the UK law with respect to Legionella and Legionnaires’ disease
- Understand the various acts, regulations, and statutory instruments used for prosecution
- Gain a sound foundation for further study
- The legislative framework
- Detail on the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act
- Corporate Manslaughter Act
- Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations (COSHH) and introduction to COSHH risk assessment
- Statutory Instrument 2225
- Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR)
This module forms part of the Water Management Society Qualifications and provides a pre-requisite for a number of courses (see below).
This module along with W202 will fulfil the needs of anybody who has been told they require Legionella Awareness training.
W202 – Legionellosis Causes and Impacts of Infection (online course)
W203 – An Appreciation of Hot & Cold Water Systems (online course)
This online course forms part of the pre-requisite for the following classroom courses, and is included in their course booking:
W255 – Evaporative Cooling Water Chemistry Foundation
W259 – Temperature Monitoring, Sampling & Inspection of Water Systems
W264 – Legionella Risk Assessment of Hot & Cold Water Systems Foundation
W265 – Practical Legionella Risk Assessment Hot & Cold Water Systems Advanced
W266 – Legionella Risk Assessment of Evaporative Cooling Systems