City & Guilds accredited
ONE-DAY COURSE: 9.15am – 5pm
Lunch and refreshments provided
Printed delegate materials provided
Owners of cooling systems, engineers and risk assessors that are considering extending their practice to include cooling systems, and water treatment chemists who wish to consider the risk assessment of these systems.
NB: Delegates should have a good working knowledge of the background of legionella and Legionnaires’ disease; an understanding of relevant legislation; some knowledge of cooling water treatment and its objectives; good knowledge of the basics of risk assessment.
Students should attend W201 Legionella Control & the Law and W202 Legionellosis Causes and Impacts of Infection online courses prior to attending this classroom course. Access to these online courses is included as part of this classroom course booking.
- To give sufficient information to experienced people to enable them carry out a Legionella Risk Assessment on open recirculating cooling systems.
- To look at some of the pitfalls that await the assessor of these systems and discuss some of the things to look for.
- To allow delegates to discuss how the Risk Assessment is presented.
- The requirements and competence needed to carry out risk assessments on cooling systems and to put this into practice.
- Obligations of the dutyholder and responsible person as demanded by L8 and legislation.
- Types and design of cooling towers and evaporative condensers, variations in these systems and how they can impact on a risk assessment.
- Water treatment programmes and what to look for when assessments are carried out.
- The condition survey and the requirements of the Written Scheme.
60 minute written exam with 70% pass mark. A resit is possible for anyone failing the exam for an additional fee.
6 CPD points awarded.
This course was previously listed as W018 Legionella Risk Assessment In Cooling Systems.
This course forms part of the Legionella Risk Assessment for Evaporative Cooling & Other Risk Systems qualification route.
NoneView Dates & Prices