City & Guilds accredited
ONE-DAY COURSE: 9.15am – 5pm
Lunch and refreshments provided
Printed delegate materials provided
Managers, responsible persons, supervisory staff and anyone wishing to learn more about Legionnaires’ disease, basic legionella risk assessment and the legal responsibilities. Firm grounding for those people wishing to become legionella risk assessors.
Students should attend W201 Legionella Control & the Law and W202 Legionellosis Causes and Impacts of Infection online courses prior to attending this classroom course. Access to these online courses is included as part of this classroom course booking.
- To give delegates information on the background, history and medical aspects of Legionella.
- To give explanation of the legal requirements in relation to legionella risk assessment.
- To instruct in the theory of risk assessment in general and basic legionella risk assessment in particular.
- Legionella history, microbiology, legislation and regulations (now covered in pre-course learning).
- Introduction to legionella risk assessment, reporting, record keeping and competence.
- Focus on hot and cold water domestic systems in the workplace.
60 minute written exam with 70% pass mark. A resit is possible for anyone failing the exam for an additional fee.
6 CPD points awarded.
This course was previously listed as W015 Legionella Risk Assessment of Water Systems – Basic.
This course forms part of the Risk Assessment qualification route and is common to all 3 pathways for that qualification.
W203 An appreciation of Hot & Cold Water Systems (online course)
W204 Legionella Control of Hot & Cold Water Systems (online course)
W259 Temperature Monitoring, Sampling & Inspection of Hot & Cold Water Systems for Technicians
W265 Practical Legionella Risk Assessment Hot & Cold Water Systems Advanced
W268 Management & Control of Pseudomonas aeruginosa Risk in Healthcare Water Systems
For specific coverage on cooling systems see W266 Legionella Risk Assessment of Evaporative Cooling Systems.View Dates & Prices