City & Guilds accredited.
ONE-DAY COURSE: 9.15am – 5pm
Lunch and refreshments included
Printed delegate materials provided
Those who carry out temperature monitoring inspection and control of water systems, e.g. technicians, building caretakers and operators. Also beneficial to supervisors and responsible persons who have little knowledge of how the work is done or why it is necessary.
Students should attend W202 Legionellosis Causes and Impacts of Infection online course prior to attending this classroom course. Access to this online course is included as part of this classroom course booking.
• To explain the background to legionella control, the legislation and reasons why systems need to be monitored and controlled.
• To give instruction and practical guidance in temperature monitoring, chemical testing e.g. chlorine/chlorine dioxide, bacterial sampling (legionella, pseudomonads, and general bacteria) and inspection of hot and cold water services in buildings.
- Legionella awareness, microbiology and origins of legionella.
- Associated legislation and regulatory requirements.
- Monitoring and inspection requirements of domestic hot & cold water systems as per the Health & Safety Executives HSG 274 part 2.
- Chemical testing of systems treated with biocides e.g. chlorine
- Bacterial sampling of systems to comply with the current British Standards.
- Working safely
Includes instruction in the Practical Training Area where the student's ability to follow instructions, work by themselves, work safely in respect to their own safety and the safety of others and account for their actions in a clear unambiguous written record will be observed and assessed.
45 minute written exam with work in the Practical Training Area counting towards 25% of the exam result for this course. Overall course pass mark is 70%. A resit is possible for anyone failing the exam for an additional fee.
6 CPD points awarded.
This course was previously listed as W028 Temperature Monitoring, Sampling & Inspection of Water systems for Technicians.
This course forms part of the Water Treatment qualification route and is common to all 4 pathways for that qualification in addition to the Risk Assessment qualification route for both the Hot & Cold and Healthcare pathways.
W201 Legionella Control & the Law (online course)
W203 An appreciation of Hot & Cold Water Systems (online course)
W204 Legionella Control of Hot & Cold Water Systems (online course)
W257 Cleaning & Disinfection of Hot & Cold Water SystemsView Dates & Prices