City & Guilds accredited
ONE-DAY COURSE: 9.15am - 5pm
Lunch and refreshments provided
Printed delegate materials provided
Operatives and contractors responsible for completing cleaning and disinfection of evaporative cooling systems. Also beneficial to owners of water systems and their employees, who are wishing to bring a contracted-out cleaning service back in-house, and responsible persons who wish to ensure their sub-contractors are undertaking the tasks correctly.
Students should attend W202 Legionellosis Causes and Impacts of Infection online course prior to attending this classroom course. Access to this online course is included as part of this classroom course booking.
To ensure delegates:
- Understand the need for cleaning and disinfecting systems.
- Understand how to complete the task correctly.
- Receive practical experience on testing and monitoring and advice in carrying out the work.
- Manage their work safely and effectively.
- The legislative framework and legislation relating to cleaning and disinfection works and how to comply with it.
- When and why cleans and disinfections are undertaken.
- Competence and the importance of cleaning and disinfecting evaporative cooling systems correctly and safely.
- Information on the importance of: a method statement; COSHH assessment; and task risk assessment prior to carrying out the work.
- Guidance on steps required to complete a disinfection safely, including the use of different disinfectants other than chlorine.
- Records (a worksheet, condition notes, photographic evidence) compiled during the work
- Instruction on calculation of systems volumes and how to calculate the amount of disinfection chemicals required for the process.
The day includes instruction in the Practical Training Area where the students will receive demonstration and instruction on the correct use of the various types of testing and monitoring equipment used during a disinfection. Students will need to demonstrate they can use this equirement correctly to the tutor. The various parts of the two cooling towers present in the PTA will also be explained to the students along with how to clean them.
45 minute written exam with work in the practical training area counting towards 20% of the exam result for this course. Overall pass mark of 70%, a resit is possible for anyone failing the exam for an additional fee.
6 CPD points awarded.
Electronic certificates will be sent directly to successful candidates to the email address we hold on file.
Part of the content of this course was previously taught in W017 Cleaning & Disinfection although this has now been expanded.
This course forms part of the Water Treatment and Risk Assessment qualification routes for Evaporative Cooling Systems qualifications.
W255 Evaporative Cooling Water Chemistry Foundation
W256 Evaporative Cooling Water Chemistry Advanced
For specific coverage on hot & cold water systems see W257 Cleaning & Disinfection of Hot & Cold Water SystemsView Dates & Prices