City & Guilds accredited
ONE-DAY COURSE: 9.15am - 5pm
Lunch and refreshments provided
Printed delegate materials provided
Operatives and contractors responsible for completing cleaning and disinfection of evaporative cooling systems. Also beneficial to owners of water systems and their employees, who are wishing to bring a contracted-out cleaning service back in-house, and responsible persons who wish to ensure their sub-contractors are undertaking the tasks correctly.
Students should attend W202 Legionellosis Causes and Impacts of Infection online course prior to attending this classroom course. Access to this online course is included as part of this classroom course booking.
To ensure delegates:
- Understand the need for cleaning and disinfecting systems.
- Understand how to complete the task correctly.
- Receive practical experience and advice in carrying out the work.
- Manage their work safely and effectively.
- The legislative framework and legislation relating to cleaning and disinfection works and how to comply with it.
- When and why cleans and disinfections are undertaken.
- Competence and the importance of cleaning and disinfecting evaporative cooling systems correctly and safely.
- Information on the importance of: a method statement; COSHH assessment; and task risk assessment prior to carrying out the work.
- Guidance on steps required to complete a disinfection safely.
- Records (a worksheet, condition notes, photographic evidence) compiled during the work
- Instruction on calculation of systems volumes and how to calculate the amount of disinfection chemicals required for the process.
The day includes instruction in the Practical Training Area where the students’ ability to follow instructions, work by themselves, work safely in respect to their own safety and the safety of others and account for their actions in a clear unambiguous written record will be observed and assessed.
NB: Delegates are urged to bring their own PPE equipment, especially goggles. They may also use their own testing equipment if preferred. This is a practical course - work clothes are essential.
45 minute written exam with work in the practical training area counting towards 30% of the exam result for this course. Overall pass mark of 70%, a resit is possible for anyone failing the exam for an additional fee.
6 CPD points awarded.
Part of the content of this course was previously taught in W017 Cleaning & Disinfection although this has now been expanded.
This course forms part of the Water Treatment and Risk Assessment qualification routes for Evaporative Cooling Systems qualifications.
W255 Evaporative Cooling Water Chemistry Foundation
W256 Evaporative Cooling Water Chemistry Advanced
For specific coverage on hot & cold water systems see W257 Cleaning & Disinfection of Hot & Cold Water SystemsView Dates & Prices