City & Guilds accredited
ONE-DAY COURSE: 9.15am ? 5pm
Lunch and refreshments provided
Printed delegate materials provided
Those responsible for testing, monitoring, analysing results, controlling and reporting findings for cooling water systems, including water treatment service providers, responsible persons and water treatment engineers wishing to expand their overall knowledge.
If you need to gain knowledge of the fundamentals of water chemistry, treatment chemistry, basic calculations and water economics you should attend W255 Evaoprative Cooling Water Chemistry Foundation before attending this course.
Delegates are asked to bring 2 recently completed cooling tower or evaporative condenser service reports (client details removed). These will form the basis of a group discussion during the training.
To give information on:
- The design and control of water treatment programmes for open cooling water systems (including evaporative condensers)
- How to improve the quality of the service report for the benefit of customer and supplier alike
- Legislation and Guidance review
- Cooling tower design review
- Cooling water system problems - group discussion
- Supply water issues
- Chemical & physical solutions
- Information you need before taking responsibility for cooling tower service provision - workshop
- Understanding the water indices
- Understanding / enhancing you service reports - group activity
60 minute written exam with 70% pass mark. A resit is possible for anyone failing the exam for an additional fee.
6 CPD points awarded.
This course was previously listed as W022 Cooling Water Advanced Level.
W258 Cleaning & Disinfection of Evaporative Cooling Systems
W266 Legionella Risk Assessment of Evaporative Cooling SystemsView Dates & Prices