City & Guilds accredited
ONE-DAY COURSE: 9.15am – 5pm
Lunch and refreshments provided
Printed delegate materials provided
Recent entrants into the industry, people redefining their jobs, and those requiring a refresher course. This course gives a broad overview of water treatment.
Delegates with no chemistry background, to secondary school level or above, should complete W252 Water Treatment Chemistry Foundation before attending this course.
Students should attend W201 Legionella Control & the Law and W202 Legionellosis Causes and Impacts of Infection online courses prior to attending this classroom course. Access to these online courses is included as part of this classroom course booking.
This course is designed to:
- Give delegates a basic understanding of evaporative cooling water chemistry
- Give an overview of evaporative cooling systems and how they work
- Provide an understanding of what causes scaling, corrosion, microbiological and general fouling in evaporative cooling systems
- Explain how to treat and manage the systems to minimise scaling, corrosion, microbiological and general fouling
- Provide an understanding of water treatment visit reports, and how to write them
Introduction to the following:
- Basic Chemistry of Water
- Problems caused by water quality
- Evaporative Cooling Tower Types
- Evaporative Cooling Calculations
- Treatment and Management of, scaling, corrosion, biofouling, general fouling
- Record Keeping
60 minute written exam with 70% pass mark. A resit is possible for anyone failing the exam for an additional fee.
6 CPD points awarded.
Electronic certificates will be sent directly to successful candidates to the email address we hold on file.
This content of this course was previously taught in W016 Cooling & Boiler Water Chemistry Part 1 and as separate course W16C Cooling Water Chemistry Part 1.
This course forms part of the Water Treatment Hot & Cold Water and Evaporative Cooling Systems qualification.
W256 Evaporative Cooling Water Chemistry Advanced
W258 Cleaning & Disinfection of Evaporative Cooling Systems
W266 Legionella Risk Assessment of Evaporative Cooling SystemsView Dates & Prices