City & Guilds accredited
ONE-DAY COURSE: 9.15am ? 5pm
Lunch and refreshments provided
Printed delegate materials provided
This course is designed for duty holders, legionella responsible persons and deputy legionella responsible personsrequiring information on the main aspects of legionella and Legionnaires disease, its implications and the need for controls. It provides training for persons in higher management including owners, legionella responsible persons and duty holders of water systems.
As well as duty holders and legionella responsible persons, delegates are likely to include factory, site and office managers, and supervisory staff. Site engineers, facilities managers and plant operators may also find the course useful especially if they have had limited training in legionella and the need for its control.
It is essential for dutyholders, legionella responsible persons and those who are responsible for, use or operate, any evaporative cooling water system as these are capable of growing and emitting legionella bacteria.
The course assumes no previous knowledge of Legionella, but delegates would benefit by downloading The Approved Code of Practice (L8) and HSG274 Parts 1 from the HSE website (free PDF download - click here) and familiarising themselves with them.
- To give detailed legionella training to owners and operators of evaporative cooling systems so they understand how to meet the demands of health and safety regulations (and so operate their cooling water systems within the law).
- To gain an understanding of the degree of control necessary in the common cooling water systems, and an outline of the requirements of the control of other systems, including commercial and industrial water systems (and where that information can be obtained).
- To ensure the delegates understand how to deal with the regulators, what to expect during an inspection, and how to prepare for a visit from them.
- Background, history, microbiology and legislation relating to legionella and Legionnaires? disease.
- Health and Safety law and the hierarchy of Acts, Regulations, Approved Codes and Guidance, including ACoP the control of legionella bacteria in water systems L8, and technical guidance HSG274 part 1 the control of legionella bacteria in evaporative cooling systems.
- Compliance requirements: legionella risk assessment and competence, written scheme and management and control
- Selection of sub-contractors
- Typical controls required in evaporative cooling water systems
- Record keeping
- Dealing with a visit from the regulator
60 minute written exam with 70% pass mark. A resit is possible for anyone failing the exam for an additional fee.
6 CPD points awarded.
Electronic certificates will be sent directly to successful candidates to the email address we hold on file.
The content of this course was previously taught in W019 Legionella Training for Duty Holders & Responsible Persons Incorporating L8 and as separate course W19C Legionella Control & Management for Dutyholders and Responsible Persons ? Evaporative Cooling Systems.
Anyone requiring information on hot and cold water systems should attend W250 Legionella Control & Management for Dutyholders & Responsible Persons - Hot & Cold Water Systems.
Anybody requiring Legionella Awareness training should refer to online courses:
W201 Legionella Control & the Law
W202 Legionellosis Causes and Impacts of Infection.
W203 An Appreciation of Hot & Cold Water Systems (online course)
W204 Legionella Control of Hot & Cold Water Systems (online course)
View Dates & Prices