City & Guilds accredited
ONE-DAY COURSE: 9.15am ? 5pm
Lunch and refreshments provided
Printed delegate materials provided
The course is designed for people responsible for steam boiler installations (operators and service providers) and water treatment engineers wishing to expand their knowledge.
If you need to gain knowledge of the fundamentals of water chemistry, treatment chemistry, basic calculations and water economics you should attend W253 Steam Boiler Water Chemistry Foundation before attending this course.
Attendees are invited to send a completed boiler service report with their booking, or a minimum of 3 days prior to the training date, and every effort will be made to incorporate this into the delivery. Please remove any client personal data from this report prior to sending.
- To give information to those needing further knowledge of the safe and effective water treatment of steam boilers, including HRSGs and high pressure plant.
- To explain common types of steam raising plant.
- To appreciate the problems associated with steam generation.
- To discuss current water treatment methods to minimise problems.
- Steam boiler principles.
- Methods of external treatment used to produce make-up water suitable for boiler systems.
- Deareation of boiler feed-water.
- Factors affecting concentration of boiler water.
- Internal treatment programmes for boiler water.
- Methods available for treatment of condensate.
- Report writing and how to interpret water analysis and add value to your boiler report.
60 minute written exam with 70% pass mark. A resit is possible for anyone failing the exam for an additional fee.
6 CPD points awarded.
Electronic certificates will be sent directly to successful candidates to the email address we hold on file.
The content of this course was previously listed as W022 Boiler Water Chemistry course.
View Dates & Prices