City & Guilds accredited
ONE-DAY COURSE: 9.15am ? 5pm
Lunch and refreshments provided
Printed delegate materials provided
People who wish to learn about the reasons for boiler water treatment and the chemical controls, recent entrants into the industry, people redefining their jobs, and those requiring a refresher course. This course gives a broad overview of water treatment.
Delegates with no chemistry background, to secondary school level or above, should complete W252 Water Treatment Chemistry Foundation before attending this course.
This course is designed to:
- Give delegates a firm background in the objectives and control of water treatment of steam boilers.
- Explain the functioning of base-exchange softeners and where/why they are needed.
- Consider the control of fire tube boiler systems.
Introduction to the following:
- Basic Water Chemistry in relation to steam production.
- Understanding the chemistry of important parameters in steam boiler control.
- Objectives of boiler water treatment.
- Base-exchange softening of raw water to produce water suitable for fire tube boiler make-up .
- Operational problems associated with base-exchange softeners.
- Thermal reduction of oxygen in boiler feed water
- Review of the chemistry and requirements of internal treatment programmes for fire tube steam boilers and control of blowdown.
- Methods available for treatment of condensate.
- Boiler Water Service Reports - customer expectations and service provider services/requirements.
60 minute written exam with 70% pass mark. A resit is possible for anyone failing the exam for an additional fee.
6 CPD points awarded.
Electronic certificates will be sent directly to successful candidates to the email address we hold on file.
The content of this course was previously taught in W016 Cooling & Boiler Water Chemistry Part 1 and as separate course W16B Boiler Water Chemistry Part 1.
This course forms part of the Water Treatment Hot & Cold Water and Steam Boiler Systems qualification.
W254 Steam Boiler Water Chemistry Advanced
View Dates & Prices