City & Guilds accredited
ONE-DAY COURSE: 9.15am ? 5pm
Lunch and refreshments provided
Printed delegate materials provided
New entrants to the industry with no chemical knowledge or background.
For example, people who have no fundamental knowledge of, or require refresher training in secondary school chemistry. Designed to take students back to basics.
Delegates are asked to obtain a completed water treatment service report from a water system (steam, cooling water or closed system) either from their own site, a customer site or even a competitor?s report. These reports can be discussed during the course.
- To give delegates the fundamental chemical knowledge they need when dealing with the management of water.
- To enable delegates to understand what should be included in water treatment service reports.
- Information on and discussion of simple atomic theory and states of matter relating to water.
- Hydrogen bonding in water and how it affects and complicates the properties of water.
- Introduction to the chemistry relating to the management of water.
- Why we use water in industrial and commercial systems.
- Introduction to cooling water and steam boiler systems and the need for water treatment.
- What to expect in water treatment reports.
60 minute written exam with 70% pass mark. A resit is possible for anyone failing the exam for an additional fee.
6 CPD points awarded.
Electronic certificates will be sent directly to successful candidates to the email address we hold on file.
This course was previously listed as W013 Foundation course in water treatment chemistry.
This course forms part of the Water Treatment qualification route and is common to all 4 pathways for that qualification.
W253 Steam Boiler Water Chemistry Foundation
W254 Steam Boiler Water Chemistry Advanced
W255 Evaporative Cooling Water Chemistry Foundation
W256 Evaporative Cooling Water Chemistry Advanced
W262 Management & Control of Closed Hot, Cold & Chilled Water Systems
View Dates & Prices