This course will be of interest to managers and operators of commercial spa pools (sometimes referred to as hot tubs) and swimming pools.
No prior knowledge is required for those wishing to attend.
After attending the course delegates should understand the principles and practical aspects of managing and controlling these facilities. These will include routine inspections, sampling, testing and cleaning. Delegates will also appreciate the reasons these actions are needed, how often they need to be completed and what further actions to take if found to be required.
Delegates will understand the importance of record keeping, formal written procedures (and what these comprise) and actions to take in emergencies related to pool use.
• The law and regulations relating to water
• Impurities in water from the environment and bathers, and the implications of these
• Procedures required for commercial operators
• Pool and spa pool water treatment and control
• Microbiological factors and introduction to the chemistry of biocides
• What to do when things go wrong
• Specific requirements, compliance with HSG282, and problems associated with spa pools
• Management and specific control of spa pools
60 minute written exam.
6 CPD points awarded.