City & Guilds accredited
ONE-DAY COURSE: 9am - 5pm
Lunch and refreshments provided
Printed delegate materials provided
This course will be of interest to managers and operators of commercial spa pools (sometimes referred to as hot tubs) and swimming pools.
No prior knowledge is required for those wishing to attend.
After attending the course delegates should understand:
- The principles and practical aspects of managing and controlling these facilities.
- The requiremements for routine inspections, sampling, testing and cleaning.
- The reasons these actions are needed, how often they need to be completed and what further actions to take if found to be required.
- The importance of record keeping, formal written procedures (and what these comprise) and actions to take in emergencies related to pool use.
- The law and regulations relating to water
- Impurities in water from the environment and bathers, and the implications of these
- Procedures required for commercial operators
- Pool and spa pool water treatment and control
- Microbiological factors and introduction to the chemistry of biocides
- What to do when things go wrong
- Specific requirements, compliance with HSG282, and problems associated with spa pools
- Management and specific control of spa pools
60 minute written exam with 70% pass mark. A resit is possible for anyone failing the exam for an additional fee.
6 CPD points awarded.
If you require hotel accomodation please contact the office for recommendations and negociated rates.