City & Guilds accredited
ONE-DAY COURSE: 9am - 5pm
Lunch and refreshments provided
- Owners of buy-to-let properties.
- Managing agents and landlords in the rental property market.
- Managers and owners of small hotels, bed and breakfast accommodation, and simple student accommodation etc.
- By attending this course, delegates will be given information to ensure they can comply with the ACoP L8 and technical guidance HSG274 Part 2. Link to HSG274 document.
- To give practical guidance on basic legionella risk assessment of simple water systems in domestic and residential properties.
- To highlight the importance of compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Background, history, microbiology and legislation relating to legionella and Legionnaires’ disease (legionella awareness training).
- Information on how to comply with ACoP L8 and technical guidance HSG274 Part 2.
- Types of systems risk assessors, owners and managers may encounter (with photographs and diagrams to show typical systems).
- How to produce a basic legionella risk assessment for simple systems, and where a more complex risk assessment will be needed, including details on recommended control methods and actions needed to ensure control.
- Discussion on the alternatives of the management and re-letting of voids/empty properties.
- Discussion on the actions that are to be shared between landlord and tenant.
Includes instruction in the Practical Training Area
This session allows delegates to see and understand hot and cold water systems, how to take water temperatures and where to take these readings. Delegates will also have the opportunity to inspect tanks and report and make recommendations on actions required to minimise risks during the practical exercises.
Prior to attending the course, delegates are asked to examine their own water systems at home. This will familiarise themselves with the different components that can be found in typical domestic premises including tanks, water heaters, hot water cylinders, boilers, taps, mixer taps, showers, thermostatic mixing valves (TMVs) and various types of valves.
60 minute written exam.
6 CPD points awarded.