City & Guilds accredited
ONE-DAY COURSE: 9am - 5pm
Lunch and refreshments provided
Managers, responsible persons, supervisory staff and anyone wishing to learn more about Legionnaires’ disease, basic legionella risk assessment, and the legal responsibilities. Firm grounding for those people wishing to become legionella risk assessors.
- To give delegates information on the background, history and medical aspects of Legionella.
- To give explanation of the legal requirements in relation to legionella risk assessment.
- To instruct in the theory of risk assessment in general and basic legionella risk assessment in particular.
- Legionella history, microbiology, legislation and regulations.
- Introduction to legionella risk assessment, reporting, record keeping and competence.
- Focus on hot and cold water domestic systems in the workplace.
NB: For specific coverage on cooling systems see W014 Managing the Risk of Legionella in Cooling Tower Systems.
60 minute written exam.
Classroom based group exercises.
6 CPD points awarded.