City & Guilds accredited
ONE-DAY COURSE: 9.15am - 5pm
Lunch and refreshments provided
HTM 04-01 Water Hygiene Training: Managing & Controlling Risk of Waterborne Pathogens in Healthcare Water Systems
This training course has been completely updated to cover certain aspects of Water Hygiene Training, as recommended in the HTM 04-01 Part B (2016) revision. The latest version of the course will refer to relevant legislation and microbiological hazards but will focus on the causal chain of infection i.e. Contamination, Amplification, Transmission, Exposure and Susceptibility by working on practical clinical case studies.
It is not essential for delegates to have any prior knowledge of this subject, but experience of healthcare water systems and/or infection control would be beneficial to assist understanding.
This course will be of interest to:
- Members of Water Safety Groups or allied committees.
- Infection Control Specialists
- Those responsible for the building maintenance of healthcare premises, augmented care units and care homes (including managers, advisors, consultants, service providers and facilities managers).
- Operators responsible for carrying out routine maintenance, monitoring, sampling and inspections of water systems.
- Service providers wishing to extend their service offer to include control of other waterborne pathogens.
- Persons wishing to increase their knowledge in this area.
To instruct on the regulations and guidance relating to healthcare water, and to give practical information on identifying, managing and controlling hazards and clinical risks related to water microbiology.
- UK regulations and specific healthcare guidance.
- Introduction to waterborne pathogens - how they grow and where they thrive.
- Identifying potential contamination issues e.g. maintenance, cleaning and handwash-basin usage.
- Practical instruction and guidance in how to risk assess clinical equipment.
- Practical instruction and guidance in the control and management of waterborne pathogens.
The day includes extensive instruction in the Practical Training Area where the student's ability to follow instructions, work by themselves, work safely in respect to their own safety and the safety of others and account for their actions in a clear unambiguous written record will be observed and assessed.
30 minute written exam.
6 CPD points awarded.