- The day covers when and why cleans and disinfections are undertaken and how they are to be carried out.
- The importance of cleaning and disinfection in systems such as domestic hot and cold water systems.
- The laws relating to cleaning and disinfection works within building water services.
- Information on the importance of, and actual production of, a work based risk assessment prior to carrying out the work.
- Guidance on model methods and how to fit them to individual systems.
- Instruction on how to calculate volumes of different shaped tanks, and amounts of different strength chemicals required for dosing and neutralisation.
- Instruction on sampling, testing and the safe handling and disposal of chemicals.
The day includes extensive instruction in the Practical Training Area where the student's ability to follow instructions, work by themselves, work safely in respect to their own safety and the safety of others and account for their actions in a clear unambiguous written record will be observed and assessed.
NB: Delegates are urged to bring their own PPE equipment, especially goggles and overalls. They may also use their own testing equipment if preferred.
This is a practical course - work clothes are essential.
60 minute written exam.
6 CPD points awarded.