City & Guilds accredited
ONE-DAY COURSE: 9.15am – 5pm
Lunch and refreshments provided
New entrants to the industry with no chemical knowledge or background. For example, people who have no fundamental knowledge of, or require refresher training in secondary school chemistry. Designed to take students back to basics.
To give delegates the fundamental chemical knowledge they need when dealing with the management of water. To enable delegates to understand what should to be included in water treatment service reports.
- Information on and discussion of simple atomic theory and states of matter relating to water.
- Hydrogen bonding in water and how it affects and complicates the properties of water.
- Introduction to the chemistry relating to the management of water.
- Why we use water in industrial and commercial systems.
- Introduction to cooling water and steam boiler systems and the need for water treatment.
- What to expect in water treatment reports.
Delegates are asked to obtain a completed water treatment service report from a water system (steam, cooling water or closed system) either from their own site, a customer site or even a competitors report.
These reports can be discussed during the course.
60 minute written exam, 6 CPD points awarded.