City & Guilds accredited
ONE-DAY COURSE: 9.15am - 5pm
Lunch and refreshments available
HTM 04-01 Water Hygiene Training: Managing & Controlling Risk of Waterborne Pathogens in Water Systems
This training course has been completely updated to cover certain aspects of Water Hygiene Training, as recommended in the HTM 04-01 (2016) revision. The course will cover relevant legislation, microbiological hazards and practical examples of potential problems within water distribution systems and their control. It is not essential for delegates to have any prior knowledge of this subject but experience of healthcare water management/usage would be beneficial to assist understanding.
This course will be of interest to:
- Those responsible for the building maintenance of healthcare premises, augmented care units and care homes (including managers, advisors, consultants, service providers and facilities managers).
- Operators responsible for carrying out routine maintenance, monitoring, sampling and inspections of water systems.
- Service providers wishing to extend their service offer to include control of other waterborne pathogens.
- Members of Water Safety Groups or allied committees.
- Persons wishing to increase their knowledge in this area.
To instruct on the background, legislation and Water Safety Planning relating to healthcare water, and to give information on identifying, managing and controlling hazards related to water microbiology.
- UK regulations and specific healthcare guidance.
- Introduction to waterborne pathogens.
- How bacteria grow and where they thrive.
- Identifying potential contamination issues due to poor design and engineering.
- Water safety planning, management & control.
- Practical instruction and guidance in the control and management of waterborne pathogens.
60 minute written exam.
6 CPD points awarded.