This course is aimed specifically at Duty Holders and Responsible Persons, but can include those who OPERATE and ARE RESPONSIBLE for:
• any water systems that are capable of growing and emitting legionella bacteria;
• ensuring compliance with the relevant legislation;
• safe operation of water systems.
Those who attend the course are therefore likely to be senior management, office managers, site engineers, water treatment engineers, facilities managers, and plant operators.
Objectives of the course are:
• to give information on present legislation and guidance;
• to emphasise the importance of the risk assessment;
• to explain the options in control of legionella.
This course explains what must be done to comply with the legislation and guidance with respect to water systems that present a risk of causing Legionnaires’ disease.
Many sites employ the services of contractors to take care of the water treatment, but compliance and protection of the workers and the public will always remain the responsibility of site management including the Duty Holder and the Responsible Person.
As well as the above, other topics covered will include:
• setting up a risk control system;
• meaningful sampling and testing;
• understanding water treatment service reports; monitoring requirements, record keeping,
validation and certification;
• service provider specification and selection.