City & Guilds accredited
ONE-DAY COURSE: 9am - 5pm
Lunch and refreshments provided
People concerned with owning, operating, managing, treating and maintaining cooling tower systems.
To give delegates an understanding of the importance of:
- Aspects of design, construction and installation of cooling systems.
- Legal compliance and requirements relating to risk assessments.
- The construction of the written scheme.
- Detailed study of cooling towers and associated systems, including design, installation, construction, concepts and principles of evaporative cooling systems.
- Legionella - what it is and where it is found.
- Legislation, regulation and requirements of the Legionella Control Association (LCA) Code of Conduct.
- Overview on cooling water treatment and cleaning, disinfection and maintenance protocols for cooling towers.
- How to prepare a written scheme.
NB: For specific information on carrying out risk assessments in cooling systems see W018 Legionella Risk Assessment in Cooling Systems.
60 minute written exam.
6 CPD points awarded