City & Guilds accredited
ONE-DAY COURSE: 9am - 5pm
Lunch and refreshments provided
Printed delegate materials provided
This is a practical risk assessment course suitable for people with experience in legionella risk assessment of hot & cold water systems or those who have attended a basic legionella risk assessment course. Candidates must have a good working knowledge of the microbiology, history and legislation related to the control of legionella. These aspects will only briefly be covered in the formal instruction, examination, to confirm candidates possess this knowledge. Individuals needing to reinforce their knowledge in this area should consider W015 Basic Risk Assessment of Water Systems first.
- To discuss and experience the practical aspects of preparing for & carrying out a legionella risk assessment of hot and cold water systems.
- To produce the Executive Summary and present findings.
- Practical guidance on preparing for and carrying out legionella risk assessments.
- Guidance on questions to ask and how to ask them when risk assessing.
- Reviewing records, credibility and competence assessments.
- Reporting & presentation of legionella risk assessment reports.
- The requirements of BS8580-1:2019
The day includes students working in the Practical Training Area where they will be required to identify system non-conformances, interview the responsible person and issue an executive summary of their findings. The student's ability to follow instructions, work by themselves, work safely in respect to their own safety and the safety of others and account for their actions in a clear unambiguous written record will be observed and assessed.
Have a good working knowledge of the microbiology, history and legislation related to the control of legionella.
45 minute written exam with work in the practical training area counting towards 40% of the exam result for this course. Overall course pass mark is 70%. A resit is possible for anyone failing the exam for an additional fee.
6 CPD points awarded.
NB: For specific coverage on cooling systems see W018 Legionella Risk Assessment in Cooling Systems.
If you require hotel accomodation please contact the office for recommendations and negotiated rates.