City & Guilds accredited
ONE-DAY COURSE: 9:15am - 4:30pm
Lunch and refreshments provided
Those who carry out temperature monitoring inspection and control of water systems, e.g. technicians, building caretakers and operators. Also beneficial to supervisors and responsible persons who have little knowledge of how the work is done or why it is necessary.
- To explain the background to legionella control, the legislation and reasons why systems need to be monitored and controlled.
- To give instruction and practical guidance in temperature monitoring, chemical testing e.g. chlorine/chlorine dioxide, bacterial sampling (legionella, pseudomonads, and general bacteria) and inspection of hot and cold water services in buildings.
- Legionella awareness, microbiology and origins of legionella.
- Associated legislation and regulatory requirements.
- Monitoring and inspection requirements of domestic hot & cold water systems as per the Health & Safety Executives HSG 274 part 2.
- Chemical testing of systems treated with biocides e.g. chlorine.
- Bacterial sampling of systems to comply with the current British Standards.
- Working safely.
Includes instruction in the Practical Training Area as appropriate to the delegates.
City & Guilds 60 minute written exam.
City & Guilds certificates are issued indicating pass, merit or distinction.
6 CPD points awarded.